Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sashay Ruffle skirts and diaper cover







Recently I was killing time and walking around the local big box store. And of course I found myself wandering through the arts and crafts section,because it really is the best aisle in the whole store. And to make things even better I found the clearance yarn shelf!!! Now my husband's voice ran through my head, "Buying something that's on sale, isn't saving money if it is something you don't really need." But let's be honest here, I always need yarn. I justified it as a business investment. So I proudly left the store that night with a bag full of Red Heart Boutique sashay yarn that I scored for a great price.

I had never used this brand before. It resembles a mesh ribbon more than a yarn and I'd only seen it used to make ruffled scarfs. While the scarfs are pretty, I don't see them being a big seller. So with a glass of wine in hand and a Hallmark movie playing in the background I went to my favorite place, Pinterest for some inspiration. After browsing the patterns I picked 3 to try out this skirt, a diaper cover and a cute top. If you want to see the patterns I followed go ahead and follow the links.

I am thrilled with how my projects turned out! I've made several diaper covers now and a couple of skirts. The top is next on my to do list. Here are a few pictures of my creations. Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment